Thursday 28 August 2014

Another New Grandson

I tried to call Jill this morning to see how she was doing and she didn't answer.  When she called back she told me how cute he was.  I was so surprised.  I am still waiting to hear what his official name is.  He weighed 6 lbs. and 12 oz. and is 19" tall.  We now have more grandsons than granddaughters.  Jill says he looks a lot like Jonathan did.  I have to agree.  I remember when Jonathan was born that I thought he looked a lot like Todd and I can see Todd in this baby also.

Knowing that we were going to Kingston for the weekend, I decided to make cookies for the FHE that we are going to have with Sister R's family on Sunday.  I turned on the gas oven (I always have to light it with a match) and started working on the cookies.  I could smell gas so I figured it had gone off again.  I turned it off and went to light it again and I heard a loud noise and Brian could see a light in the kitchen.  I was startled  but not hurt.  I guess I was somewhat lucky.  I will know better next time.  I was hesitant to light it again but I did and it seemed to work okay.

 We were pretty much house bound this morning waiting for the air conditioning guy to come.  We are hoping that the owners of the apartment will put air in our living room.  We offered to give them more rent if they would.  Wouldn't you know that the day the air conditioning guy comes is a day when the apartment was cooler.  When he walked in he mentioned that the apartment didn't seem that hot but Brian assured him that it gets really hot in here.  We have had some rain this week so it has cooled down a little.

We went to the craft market today to pick up a machete for Elder Murdock.  I left my purse home so that they wouldn't think I was a serious buyer.  They have some nice wood carvings and I assured them that we would come back when our kids came to town.




No comments:

Post a Comment