Sunday 15 March 2015

Another busy week!


Since I have been working on family history for the branch, I find that I am having a hard time posting on my blog.  This past week has been busy.  Brian has been working on a project for President Brown so yesterday I got to do some service with the sister missionaries.  We helped Jasmine with her home and then I went with the sisters to do some missionary work.  It was fun for me to watch them teach.  It always seems like we spend a lot of time traveling as everyone lives so far apart.

Wednesday was our district meeting.  We have been having them here at the condo.  It works out really well.  The area held a meeting for the youth and young adults.  Since they were broadcast at the same time, we had to take the TV down to the branch with a computer to hook up the internet for the broadcast.  We also hooked up the broadcast on our other computer at the condo for the youth.  The young adults got to hear from Elder Holland and the youth got to hear from Elder Zivic and Elder Clayton.  We missed most of Elder Holland’s because we were with the youth.  When we took them back to the branch for desert, Elder Holland was still speaking and that was nice.  We were a little worried earlier during the day because our internet was off but it finally came back on. 

Brian spent most of his day working on the project for President Brown so I stayed  home and did family history for most of the day.  It was so nice.  I love looking for these names.  I wish there was some way of doing it in the member’s homes but most of them do not have internet access.

We got our truck washed on Saturday.  By the time we got home I fixed an early dinner and then we headed to the branch for leadership training.  While we were waiting for meeting to start, I helped a few members with some of their geneology.  It is starting to catch on.

Our attendance at church is dropping but I think it is because of the rain.  When it rains, people do not like to come out.  For some, walking down a path can become treacherous if it is rain hard.  For others, it is a way of life.  We were lucky that it did not rain today.  We started with very few at the beginning of church but we had over 50 by the end.  The talks were given by the missionaries and they were so good.  It is really too bad that so many missed their talks.  That seems to be typical for most Sundays.

I will try and repent and take more pictures.  Sometimes I don’t think about it until it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment