Sunday 22 March 2015

Ocho Rios


I was so looking forward to going to church today.  Brian asked three people to speak that had never spoken before.  They were all nervous but did such a great job.  He also had Elder Cox speak and when he bore his testimony about the atonement of Christ, I could feel the spirit so strong.  We  had a couple and a family visiting from the states and Brian said that one of the brothers was visually touched by the meeting.  It is always so nice to get visitors.  It not only shows the members the dedication of these people to attend on vacation, but it also tells me something about those who come. 
The excitement of family history is picking up in our branch.  I have had so much fun helping them.  I was suppose to speak on family history if there was time left over but since we went over in our time in sacrament meeting, I will give my talk at a later date.  At least it is prepared.  After church we had ward correlation meeting and then came home for a quick bite to eat before heading to the hospital to see Sister Llewellan.  Brian gave her a blessing and then we went to Jasmine’s house so Brian could dedicate it.  Jasmine lives in the Isle of Man but has a house in Jamaica.  Every time she rents it out, she has to do a lot of repair on it so they have decided to sell it.  It is a lovely home.

Brian has been busy this week working on Shawn’s house.  I have loved doing family history work in his absence.  Thursday he took a day off so that we could attend district meeting.  He also needed to go to Brother Barbagee’s for branch presidency  meeting plus he had to  teach institute in the evening.  I think he was thankful for a break.

Saturday we went to Spanish Town for seminary and institute inservice.  It was a great meeting.
Well, that was our week.  I am looking forward to our monthly Kingston FHE trip tomorrow.  I am in charge of the dinner but I only have to make the main course.  I decided to do the Lion House sweet and sour meatballs.  We were suppose to do the FHE lesson also but Elder Martinez of the Seventy will be there and he is going to do the FHE lesson.  Lucky us!

We were sitting in front of Jasmine's house so I decided to take a picture of the neighborhood. 

This is Jasmine's house.  I love Jamaican architecture.  Maybe it is because I think this would be a great reunion house.
Notice all the bars.  Most Jamaican houses have bars.

This was an unfinished house that we saw on the way to Jasmine's.  You see a lot of unfinished houses because they run out of money or they leave for the States hoping to earn enough money to finish the project.

This is typical of a lot of Jamaican back roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment