Monday 20 April 2015

Wata Land

I have been helping the branch members with their family history and I find myself on the computer every extra second I get trying to find names.  My next project is to load them into family tree.  That will take some doing.  We have a very limited amount of computers among the members in this branch which makes it hard for the members to do their family history.  We are suppose to have a Roots Tech day on the Island so I am hoping that we can get a few computers down at the branch to help the members.

Saturday we had a fun day with the youth in the branch. We took them to Wata Land.  We had five girls and
five boys show up. We fed them hot dogs and chips about an hour before the park closed and then they went back into the park to do some more playing.  This was a first for all of them which made it all the more fun.  At Chirstmas time, Shane's boys pooled their money so that they could fund an activity for the youth in our branch.  It was fun for us to watch them having so much fun.  A big thanks to our grandsons!

Sunday we had 72 people out to church. Twenty two of those visitors were from the states.  We had to bring chairs down from all the classrooms so that we could accommodate them.  Just as the meeting was getting started, the power went out.  There went the air conditioning, the fans, the microphone, and our keyboard.  We opened the windows and doors to get some cross ventilation and it did get a bit stuffy but there was still a good spirit felt there.  I guess life would get a little dull if we didn't have some glitches every now and then. The air finally came on by the end of Relief Society.  Debbie Vance's daughter gave me a big hug for my sister Chris as they are in the same ward in Arizona.  I felt so stupid as I started tearing up thinking about my sister. One of the groups attending was a family of 16.  You could easily spot the parents of the bunch as they were gray haired. They were there for a family reunion.  It was so wonderful to have them attend the branch and contribute to the lessons.  I love it when we get visitors because it shows our branch members how important Sunday is to members of the church all over the world.

Wednesday we made a trip to Port Antonio for district meeting.  We are not back in the routine of making that trip every other week with the exception of zone meeting in Montego Bay.  We got back just in time to head to the branch for seminary.  It has been a lot harder to have seminary on Wednesdays but that is the only day Mark can come so I try to be there for him.





This is Mark - my one and only seminary student!

Stacie and Cindy.  They are sisters.

The youth going on a tractor ride around the park.

The tailgate dinner.

Last minute sliding.

Mark

Shaquille


No comments:

Post a Comment